Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 26 (28 June - 30 June)

Monday morning was exciting, there was a room inspection and when the headmaster and my shifu got to my room I knew this wasn't a usual room inspection for cigarettes or alcohol. They know I don't smoke or drink so they usual just enter to look at the tidiness, but today they actually had a thorough look, looking for guns. They didn't find anything because my gun was actually inside a boxing glove hanging on the wall right in front of their eyes. The headmaster found about 4 guns during his inspection, he also found some bowls from the dining hall.

By line up time it was clear that Josh and Chima were going to get gooned for having guns in their rooms and Harry was getting gooned for having bowls in his room. Each received two soft goons from the shifu.



We then listened to some pathetic speech about how BB guns are illegal in China and that the academy will call the police to search the rooms if the remaining students dont surrender their weapons. A was then quite surprised that the headmaster said I need to get gooned because on Sunday Rahul told him that I had shot him a number of times. This was not true because I had not shot him this weekend. And I specifically asked if he meant in the past or only on Sunday, he said only Sunday. I said it was a lie, at this point Rahul started mumbling and was asked to step forward, he started saying that he was confused and he didn't actually see who had shot him. At this point I said just goon me twice and stop wasting time, but the headmaster said no Rahul must be gooned. After Rahul was gooned we were all standing back in line and the headmaster said no I must also get gooned because they found a gun in my room, I said the gun was taken out of Chimas hand which happened to be in my room. I said fine goon me for harbouring terrorists, I did deserve to get gooned but not for any of the pathetic reasons they kept coming up with, my first public humiliation and it wasn't even that bad. We were then reminded to surrender our weapons which nobody did so the headmaster said he would call the police, a big joke. But to be safe I hid my gun in the meditation room behind some books.




Wednesdays training was pretty intensive and in the evening Chima and I told our shifu that we wanted to go to Changbaishan for a week or so, it wasn't a problem.

At the same time Harry told the school he was going to Beijing to see if he could get money to extend his stay, this of course was a lie. He was coming with us to Changbaishan but had he told the school the truth he would have had his visa cancelled because his tuition time was up and he would have had 7 days to leave the country. So instead he could spend a week with us in Changbaishan come back to the academy and then tell them he had to go home to make more money before he could return. This would give him enough time (7 days) to get to Wudang so that he could sign up at another academy there, have visa extended and then train some Taiji.

That evening Chima realised that his passport was at the visa office but it had been there for two weeks which meant it was ready. We asked the "small" translator if we could collect it, she said no there was a printing mistake so the visa will only be ready next week. Fortunately she is a bad liar and after some more questioning she then said but you can't fetch it, you need a translator. That too was absurd because firstly other students have fetched their passports before and secondly the passport belongs to Chima and the photo in it matches him. Anyway we told them we at least want a photo copy of the passport, we weren't going to let this stop the trip even if we knew that no passport would cause some trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, this place sounds like a huge joke. I'm glad u found this blog! Thanks for sharing your experience! What's the name of this academy?

    ReplyDelete

living in China