Sunday, June 6, 2010

Week 22 (31 May - 6 June)

I started the week feeling pretty demotivated and thus decided to spend the day learning chinese instead of training.

On tuesday we trained on the stairs and Rahul was causing trouble as usual and so Deepak told him to train, a small argument ensued and Deepak ended up kicking Rahul. Rahul then complained and Deepak got one soft goon for what he had done. After training Rahul got into some trouble from the headmaster which was behaving quite aggressively, Rahul had bribed the worker with 10RMB so that he wouldn't switch the power off at night.
 







In the afternoon I went to Yehe with Chima to fetch his laundry, it was another exciting drive in the back of the 3 wheeler.



The washing machine at the laundry had an interesting sticker on it.

Wednesday was an exciting day because my older brother Daniel (Dan) would be joining me here in China for 6 months. Also I told him I would fetch him from Changchun instead of letting the Academy send their driver. So at about 7:30 I set off from Changchun airport, after some delays I arrived in Changchun at 11:10 and took a cab straight to the airport and I arrived about 10 minutes late. It was really good to see Dan, it had been over 5 months. We took a cab back to the train station and after buying tickets we ended up waiting about 3 hours for the train which had constantly been delayed plus the tickets I bought had no assigned seats, luckily we found some seats. I felt bad about all the delays and mess up with the train tickets but we arrived safely in Siping a little while later. We arrived at the academy after dinner and Daniel settled into his room which I had reserved for him, it was the last room on the corridor and the only room with a wooden floor.

On thursday was a very hot day, about 32 degrees and we went to Siping to change money and buy some basic necessities for Dan. We returned in the afternoon and did some basic training.



Friday morning we trained with the kids, at 8:00 line up Rahul was late and got 5 goons. Dan was very lucky to see a gooning on his second day.



Morning training we did some powerstretching and practised some forms.

On the weekend there was a performance, the kids parents were coming so all the kids were excited to perform. At the last moment I was asked if I could do a group performance so I said yes. The form went well and while we were waiting backstage they asked me if I can perform something else, I told them to get lost because I hadn't practiced anything. The rest of the weekend I just relaxed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

living in China