Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week 34 (August 23 - August 29)

This morning my knee was feeling better so I had a fast run to the bridge and back, no pain even whilst sprinting up the driveway to the academy gate. Shortly after the run I was barely able to walk, my leg had frozen up and the knee was extremely painful, I had obviously pulled or mildy torn a tendon. We got a new student, John from England staying a month. At 8:00 my shifu told me to go to my room and rest, I guess he could see the pain on my facial expression. In the afternoon I just did some basic punches and weights, I'm so annoyed by the fact that I haven't been able to train with 100% intensity for about 2 weeks now.

Tuesday, the pain is still ever present even after applying pressure with knee supports etc, I wish I had some pain killers, I never take any but this really hurts. Just lying in bed all morning is really boring.

The only thing that made things better was a call from my parents telling me they would be coming to China to visit Dan and I. I didn't train on wednesday and thursday and after speaking to the parents it was decided that Dan and I should fly down to Shanghai and travel with them to Beijing and then the academy, that way we could spend some more time together.

 Both San Da shifus and us




On friday we booked our flight to Shanghai, the choices were either to fly from Changchun or try something new and fly from Shenyang. We opted for the Shenyang choice because the distance by train was almost the same as going to Changchun also the flights from Shenyang were cheaper and shorter. The flight booking wasn't as easy as expected, it was the first time I had used ctrip and they wanted a copy of the credit card and a copy of their faxback credit card form sent to them to confirm the booking. Only problem is that the academy has no printer I could use and no fax service. In the end i wrote out the form by hand took a photo of it and the credit card and emailed it which worked out fine. After I was done with that I headed off to Siping to get the train tickets to Shenyang for monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

living in China