Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 7 (15 February - 21 February)

Because this is the biggest celebration of the year we didn't have training on Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday Chima, Alex (USA), Nirup and I went for a walk to the nearby Buddhist temple. The walk wasn't too long because we could just walk across the frozen lake, in summer the same walk would take a couple of hours. The monks were quite surprised to see us and gave us an entire bag of apples and bananas which we gladly accepted.



When we got back to the academy in the evening we blew up a few more fireworks.







Wednesday 17th, getting up for Qi gong was rather difficult this morning, my new room is so much warmer and comfortable. In the morning we had to run to Yehe again and my knee was acting up again which was really annoying, I walked the last bit back, my shifu told me to take the rest of the day off to recover.

On Thursday I took things easy with my knee, helping the new student with his Wu Bu Quan and I also practiced my new form Nan Quan. In the afternoon we just did some really painful power stretching.

Friday we spent the whole morning session practising the nan quan as a group form. We had the afternoon off so we could spend some time with Luisa (Australia) who was leaving.

The weekend wasn't all too eventful, I just relaxed and did some Qi gong. On Sunday there was very heavy snowfall, it looked amazing and I realised how much work it would be to clear it up the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

living in China