Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 46 (15 November - 21 November)

My week didn't start off well, I was still feeling awful. I spent the entire day in bed which was extremely boring. Tuesday wasn't much more exciting, I still didn't feel better but I decided to go to the training hall and at least do some stretching and get some fresh air. But the air wasn't that fresh, almost all kids had colds and instead of resting in their rooms they had to sit in the training hall, so they were just coughing and spitting all over the place.

Wednesday morning it was -7 Celsius and extremely foggy, the morning run was quite rewarding because the trees and surroundings looked significantly better than usual.





Training was pretty hard, we spent most of the day just working on kicks and punches. Wednesday evening we all decided to go to Yehe for dinner because Deepak was going back home to the UK after his 16 month stay here. Drinking is against the rules but I guess this was a special occasion. Everybody had a good time, some more than others, most students never drink so it was quite a funny sight seeing them intoxicated. I was tempted to try some of the Baijiu which happens to smell like Acetone but I'll wait a few more weeks before I have some alcohol again.

As for food we were at a Muslim restaurant because it's the only place where they serve lamb so we had 3 plates of fried lamb and onion, 6 portions of vegetable fried rice, 3 plates of fries, 4 bowls of noodles with lamb, the food was very good.



On Thursday quite a few students were hungover but we had to train anyway. The morning was pretty intensive. Afternoon training was torture we had to do frog jumps (backward and forward ones).

By Friday the temperature had increased to 14 degrees so all the snow started melting. My quadriceps felt like they had been stabbed and peeled off my bone structure, this is why I dislike frog jumps because no matter how many I do, my legs always hurt so bad. By 8:00 it was raining and the weather was really miserable but despite the weather and my painful legs we had to do our 9km run. When we were done we were soaked and covered in mud. Daniel had a bit of a cold so he didn't train but he removed the stitches from his eye and there is barely any visible mark/scar.



Saturday morning Dan and I went to Siping to buy his train ticket which did not work out because they told us to come back the following day. We bumped into our shifu and he offered to buy the ticket for us on Sunday, he also invited us for lunch, so we went to Mr.Lee.



I spent the rest of the weekend resting but my quads were still extremely painful by Sunday evening. The weather report also made mention of a 16 degree temperature drop by the middle of next week plus some more snow, so lets see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

living in China