Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 38 (20 September - 26 September)

On monday morning we went for a walk on the new platform that has been built a long the lake. The corn is also ready to be harvested, to think that less then 3 months ago all of these plants were just tiny shoots. The rest of the day wasn't too intensive we just did some stamina training.


Last week we were told that the academy had been invited to the opening of a new Buddhist temple in Liaoning province. Almost all students had agreed to go, but this had changed to only 7 including myself. Because of the sudden change in numbers I was asked on Monday evening if I could perform a shaolin form on Tuesday afternoon. I said I would try, after practicing for 30 minutes I decided that it would be best if I don't perform and make a fool of myself on national TV. Needless to say they weren't impressed with my decision and I had also decided I didn't even want to go watch, because I don't like long bus rides, especially in uncomfortable buses.

sunrise at 5:30 now


So on Tuesday and Wednesday I had the day off which was an amazing change and I did nothing, besides go for a short walk and do some major work on my blog. The weather had also changed drastically, it was much colder. It is a very strange cold because the sky is clear and the sun is shining, the reports say it's 18 - 20 but my body is telling me its not more than 12 degrees. The problem is the wind factoe and the cold wind from Siberia is just icy cold.

On Thursday we had the morning off because the students that were away only got back at 2am that morning, I was also glad to find out that I didn't miss anything by not going. In the afternoon however training continued like usually and we had to sprint up the driveway again, but only 5 sets and no frog jumps so it wasn't too bad, however I was feeling sick from the food and the cold wind wasn't helping much either.



For the remainder of the session we just did the basic Sanda punches and in the evening we just did some kicks.


 Praying mantis (top) after eating a butterfly

On Friday morning we ran to Yehe and then also decided to run back, I didn't really feel up to running back because both my knees hurt really bad. Dan told me to get a cab but I didn't listen so then less than half way back I couldn't run anymore and ended up walking back, which took forever.

In the afternoon our shifu was teaching the kids Sanda so Dan and I just did some weights.



Dan and Wang Hong Li (8)

The weekend was really boring I did nothing, just relaxed and did some washing, also watched the Expendables which is a terrible movie, 2010 has been a terrible year for movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

living in China